The candidate will have 3 years focused threat intelligence and CSIRT experience including managing and developing content for cyber security monitoring tools including intrusion detection/prevention, whitelisting and sandboxing solutions. The candidate will also ideally have experience of a selection of the below.
• Ability to use knowledge to work with other teams to create new tools monitoring and detection.
• Evaluation and implement of new security solutions to address constantly evolving threats.
• Proven hunt capabilities.
• Management of end-to-end SIEM infrastructure (connector, logger, ESM). Liaising with global teams in respect to SIEM architecture and content. On-board new data sources into SIEM infrastructure.
• Undertake vulnerability scans. Interpret the results and prioritize results with awareness to cyber threat landscape.
Please note the job will encompass operational elements such as external scanning, penetration test management and participation in on-call rota.
Essential Experience (in order of importance)
• CSIRT experience in a large corporate (at least 3 years)
• Proven threat intelligence experience and practical applications (we will be looking for examples of how you have improved this aspect and developed this in previous roles)
• Well-versed in security best practices
• SIEM experience
• Wide range of security tools such as Qualys, McAfee suite, sandboxing solutions
• Several years’ experience in an Information Security management role in a large & complex environment
• Strong technical background in IT security is necessary. The position requires risks analysis before taking decisions that may impact the security of the Bank
• SQL, Microsoft SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
• CISSP, CISM or relevant security qualification
• Symantec DLP
• ArcSight experience
Essential Skills/ Competencies
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work on several initiatives and keep these on-track simultaneously
• Understanding of operational risk and control framework
• Ability to remain impartial to ensure that risks/issues are highlighted to UK CISO
• Can do attitude & Proactive approach with a strong ability to work on own initiative against assigned priorities
• Ownership of work and commitment to delivery
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to operate with demanding IT and Business Managers.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Big picture awareness